Seeking master level behavioral health professional skilled in evidence-based consultation, assessments, and brief interventions. A candidate will be addressing mental health, substance abuse, social determinants of health and psychological/behavioral factors impacting general medical conditions within family medicine primary care practices serving populations across the lifespan. Experience in team-based care within medical settings is highly desired. Addressing mental health and complex substance abuse problems is required. In addition, candidates should have experience addressing common medical problems with behavioral health components such as chronic pain, cognitive impairment/dementia, asthma, adjustment to chronic illness, insomnia, obesity, and tobacco cessation. Responsibilities also include assistance in quality improvement projects and population health initiatives.
This is a combination of in-person / telehealth, full – time position. Immediate opening in Flat Rock, Monroe / Downriver, Mi area.
Individual in this position:
· Provides brief mental health interventions and self-management support to patients who present with a myriad of mental health, substance use and medical problems.
· Provides behavioral health assessments to clarify diagnoses and determine treatment needs (integrating information from clinical interview, medical records, collaborative sources, screening tools and assessment instruments)
· Develops and implements a treatment plan in collaboration with the patient, caregiver, physician and/or other appropriate health care professionals to address the patient’s needs.
· Performs ongoing monitoring of the plan of care to evaluate effectiveness.
· Documents care plan progress electronic patient record system.
· Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and modifies as appropriate to reach optimal outcomes.
· Measures the effectiveness of interventions.
· Engages in population health and quality improvement initiatives.
· Collaborates and facilitates linkages with community providers and resources.
· Manages and completes assigned work plan objectives and projects in a timely manner.
· Demonstrates dependability and reliability.
· Participates in Interdisciplinary/inter-professional care team meetings and professional development activities.
· Maintains professional relationships with health care provider community and internal and external customers.
· Conducts self in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
Strong clinical skills with ability to accurately assess and diagnose mental health and substance abuse conditions is a must.
· Skilled at implementing evidence-based brief psychological and behavioral interventions including cognitive behavioral therapy, parent training, motivational interviewing and self-management support of psychological and medical conditions.
· Advanced understanding of interplay between psychological and medical conditions.
· Demonstrates ability to communicate, problem solve, and work effectively with people.
· Excellent organizational skill with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Knowledge of applicable state, and federal regulations.
· Computer skills and experience with the full suite of Microsoft Office Products.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Able to maintain regular attendance based upon agreed schedule.
· Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
· Skilled at establishing and maintaining positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers.
Masters or doctoral degree in Social Work, Counseling, or Psychology.
Three to five years of clinical experience utilizing evidence-based brief interventions, preferably in a team-based setting.
Required: Licensed Clinical Social Worker LCSW, Licensed Professional Counselor LPC, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist LMFT, Limited Licensed Psychologist LLP, or fully Licensed Psychologist LP in good standing.
Job Type: Full-time